Sunday, July 10, 2011

AWOL from basic training?

Im a 23 year old female. I joined the army and during week 4 of training while i was in the gas chamber i was struck in the chest multiple times by the drill sgts. For the following next few days i went to sick call and complained of chest pains pressure the whole shebang. Anyhowm everytime i went they gave me medicine for allergies because apparently fort jackson is known for pollen. So one night i could no longer bare it i was on the floor screaming in pain and buzzing the drill sgts with no answer. I set off the alarms and ran downstairs banging on the ds door and he came out cursing and yelling. He eventually brought me to the hospital and i sat in a chair for 11 hrs before a doctor even saw me. he again prescribed ibuprofen and clairitin and i begged for bloodwork. he agreed, withing 45 minutes i was in an ambulance off post where i stayed for 5 days. I had damage consistent with a heartattack and a cardiac contusion (bruise on my heart) myocarditis. I also had Supraventricular tachycardias while i was in the hospital. So when i was discharged the army sent me home on 30 days con leave. When i got back my company was about to graduating i was forced to do everything with them although i wasnt feeling up to it and i was not training. i had to do shitty details but nothing compared to when we got switched over to the holdover company. We were in the scorching heat painting sweeping the concrete policing the hills it was ridiculous from sun up to sun down we were working. One day i had BAD chest pain so i went to sick call. Although i was on a dead mans profile and although i was awaiting a discharge and i told her of my pains and previous history she took me off profile and sent me on my way with an icepack and ibuprofen. when i got back to the company i snapped, i put on my civilians and took off running. Ive now been home for almost 45 days. Im scared to go back because i dont want jailtime, what should i do?

No comments:

Post a Comment